the trade show program for BIPOC leaders in food & beverage CPG
Welcome to the first trade show preparation program for food & beverage brands. (included) ACCESS unlocks entry to key industry trade shows, facilitating opportunities to connect with decision-makers that can propel emerging brands towards national visibility and omni-channel success. The immersive program provides BIPOC founders and executive leaders with curated education, strategic mentorship, peer fellowship and PR promotion, culminating in sponsorship to debut as a featured exhibitor at a marquee trade show.
Cohort 1 culminates with sponsored exhibition and programming at Natural Products Expo West ’23 in Anaheim, California, March 7-11.
Cohort 2 will culminate with sponsored exhibition and programming at SFA’s Summer Fancy Food Show ’23 in NYC, June 25-27.
Natural Products Expo West is the world’s leading trade show in the natural, organic, and healthy products industry. An invaluable platform for in-person product discovery across all categories of CPG food, beverage, beauty, supplements and home care, the annual Expo gathers savvy buyers from all channels, in search of wellness innovation.
COHORT 1 DETAILS
- Free virtual programming focused on education and preparation for optimal trade show exhibition beginning January 9, 2023 until March 6, 2023
- Access to 1:1 mentorship, networking with industry experts and advisors to prepare brands for trade show success
- 1:1 mentorship and best practices guidance from CPG industry experts
- Fellowship and experience cross-pollination from (included)’s national peer community through (included)’s free and active Slack channel
- Free sponsored in-person trade show exhibition space in the (included) pavilion at Natural Products Expo West (Mar 7-11, 2023 in Anaheim, CA), including a branded 3ft counter top (valued at $10,000+)
- 4 Free all-access badges to trade show (valued at $5,480)
- 1 Free Hotel Room near Anaheim Convention Center for duration of Expo West (valued at $3,000+)
- 1 Free submission to NEXTY Awards (valued at $195)
- Speaking engagement(s) at Expo West education sessions
- PR and content features across New Hope Network and Specialty Food Association platforms
- Networking opportunities and happy hours with press & investment groups
- VIRTUAL EDUCATION & PROGRAMMING:
- At least 1 founder MUST be available to participate in virtual programming and education sessions. 1 additional member of the participating company may also join.
- Virtual session attendance is required.
- TRADE SHOW EXHIBITION:
- At least 1 founder MUST BE available to travel and exhibit at the culminating trade show, and stay for the entire length of the show (March 7-11). Any no-shows will result in forfeit of future (included)-sponsored opportunities, expulsion from the (included) community, and re-entry will be evaluated by the board of advisors.
- For trade show exhibition, brands are responsible for investing in their own branded sales and marketing materials, all product samples and accompanying sampleware necessary for displaying and demoing products onsite.
- Cohort brands are responsible for making their own travel and lodging arrangements and any additional costs.
COHORT 1 ELIGIBILITY
- Your company is BIPOC-owned (at least 51%); verification required
- The CEO is of Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, Pacific Islander, and/or Middle Eastern descent
- You must be 18 years or older by December 31, 2022
- Your company is based in the United States or Canada
- Your company must be an LLC, C-Corp, B-Corp, S-Corp or other registered entity
- Your company has not raised more than $500k in outside capital from any source, excepting capital contributions from the founder or active founding team
- Your company’s trailing 12 month gross revenue is at minimum $50k, and no more than $2 million. If selected for Cohort 1, you are able to share your company P&L for verification.
- Your company officers consent to a potential background and/or reference check
- Your company founder must be able to attend and participate for the entire duration of Expo West (March 7-11) in Anaheim, California
- You must be able to provide product samples for 3 days of trade show exhibition at Expo West
- Your brand must adhere to the New Hope standards policies and complete the standards approval process. These are in place to help preserve the integrity and meaning of the terms “natural” and “organic” and restrict use of specific ingredients deemed unsafe.
COHORT 1 ADVISORS
Co-Founder & CEO at Siete Family Foods
Managing Partner at Supply Change Capital
General Partner at VMG Partners
Subriana (McFadden) Pierce
Managing Partner at Navigator Sales and Marketing
Founder & Innovation Consultant at Sherpa CPG
Founder at Smoketown
Founder & CEO at Nona Lim
(included) has benefitted from previous and current partnerships with the Specialty Food Association and New Hope Network to give BIPOC-led brands additional exposure, opportunities, and trade show resources. (See images below!) We look forward to sponsoring trade show opportunities with additional partners in the future. Stay tuned!
(INCLUDED) IN ACTION
Expo East ‘22: Innovative Brands Diversifying Retail Shelves Today